Snow








Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Please keep me in your prayers...

Hello everybody! I've decided to take time out of my schedule to post an update for you all.

Summer was great, you can look on my mom's blog for more about that.

School is... school.

What's been on my mind recently is how much I still miss those sweet little children, those that I met over a year ago on the other side of the globe. I wish I would have done more for them, and I am convinced that I could have. I had the chance to put even a little joy into those children's lives, and I wasted it. I know now that there is more to life, a greater reality, and I cannot go back.

One thing I really want right now....

is a sister.

Not just any sister, one of those little girls.

As happy as I am for other families who are adopting, there is still a part of me that breaks, like a recurring wound.
Yes, God put me right here right now for a reason- but why am does my heart ache like this? I've been praying and will not give that up, but what more am I to do? I just want to spend my life in the presence of the fatherless, to love those who have been so deprived of it and need it the most.

Please keep me in your prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Well you tell your mom there are facilities JUST LIKE THOSE in Serbia, full of kids who are waiting!!! The cost to adopt from Serbia is significantly less than Ukraine. Just say'in....Glad to see an update from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and Serbia is very fast. From start to finish, (starting with a new homestudy, etc.) is about 4 months. (assuming one has all the funds together.) And dossiers are submitted when they get there, not certain days of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Leah, but it's not the process that wouldn't work. It's that we're already busy with Stas. I can't even bring myself to saying what I can't help but think.

    ReplyDelete