Snow








Monday, September 26, 2011

Haunted

I'm in study hall right now. I can't concentrate on schoolwork. That's because I can't keep my mind off those little faces. The memories of that orphanage are haunting me.

Sweet little Anya.



Alexander.

"Kory."

The children whose names few know, whose mere existence few will ever know.




HOW LONG WILL THIS GO ON?
I can only do so much. "You are right where God wants you to be." Yeah, I get all that. All I want to do right now is be with those children. I want to hold their hands, hug them, kiss them, hold them. I don't even know that they are still alive. I can't even begin to pretend I never met them.

CHILDREN ARE DYING.

What am I to do? I've been praying and will continue to do so.

WHAT WILL YOU DO?


3 comments:

  1. Dear Lizzie,

    I have been reading your last entries and I am sorry and moved that you are hurting so much for children like Anne Marie.

    Would it help you to go over for a few months to do voluntary work in one of these orphanages?

    There is currently a 20-year old missionary, Natalie, doing voluntary work in orphanages 14 and 63.
    http://blogging4theleastofthese.blogspot.com

    Before Natalie, another missionary went there for some months to love and pray for these children.
    http://ambassadoroflove.blogspot.com/

    Maybe you could contact both of them to see if there is some way for you too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I don't know who this is, but YES I would absolutely LOVE to do volunteer work over there. The thing is I am still in school and as much as I would like to spend most of my life directly helping these kids a two or three month commitment may be too long. I will definitely take the opportunity to look into it and see where the Lord takes it from there. Who is this, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://matthew18vs14.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete